Cryptozoic - DC Legendary Deckbuilding Game - Heroes Unite
0 left in stock.by Cryptozoic
Pre-Order Policy One very important caveat – If you pre-order an item as well as purchase another in stock item at the same time, we will ship everything together once the pre-ordered item arrives. If you would like the in stock product shipped before the pre-order then please order it separately. Thanks!
We've filled up our retail store with a mountain of inventory and MAY have this item exclusively listed through our Internet & Website Fulfillment Center.
To avoid possible disappointment If you'd prefer to pick-up this item at our retail store choose "pick-up" as your shipping preference at checkout, and should we have to allow us time to possibly bring it over.
It won't take us very long to get it here and we will notify you from the retail store when we have it in ready for pick up!
In the DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Heroes Unite, each player takes on the role of a Super Hero such as Shazam!, Hawkman, Red Tornado, Nightwing, Black Canary, Batgirl, or Booster Gold. Your Super Hero has an ability that will guide your strategy throughout the game. Each player starts with his own basic ten-card deck and draws a hand of five cards each turn. Power is the currency you will use to buy new, stronger cards to add to your deck. There are five different types of cards that can be acquired: Villains, Heroes, Equipment, Super Powers, and Locations. Unlock special abilities, like Force Field or the Helmet of Fate, and unleash devastating card combos against your opponents! Craft your hero deck into a well-oiled machine to take on the most vile villains in the DC Universe in your quest for Victory (Points)! Mix the cards from Heroes Unite with the core DC Comics Deck-Building Game set to wage the ultimate showdown!
Also integrates with DC Comics Deck-Building Game
211 Game Cards
• 36 Punch Cards
• 16 Vulnerability Cards
• 111 Main Deck Cards
• 16 Kick Cards
• 12 Super-Villain Cards
• 20 Weakness Cards
• 7 Oversized Super Hero Cards
• 1 Rulebook
In the DC Comics Deck-building Game: Heroes Unite, each player takes on the role of a Super Hero such as Shazam or Hawkman. Your Super Hero has an ability that will guide your strategy throughout the game.
Each player starts with his own basic 10-card deck and draws a hand of 5 cards each turn. Power is the currency you will use to buy new, stronger cards to add to your deck. The goal of a deck-building game is to craft your personal deck into a well-oiled machine. There are five different types of cards that can be acquired: Villains, Heroes, Equipment, Super Powers, and Locations.
A large, central stack of cards supplies a five-card "Line-Up" from which players make their purchases. Each player will always have five face-up cards to choose from each turn, so every turn there are new options and surprises.
When a player has amassed enough Power, he or she may defeat the current Super-Villain. When a Super-Villain is defeated, a new one appears and makes an Attack against each player in the game! Players can defend themselves with Defense cards like Force Field, the Helmet of Fate, or several others.
In the end, the player who has accumulated the most Victory Points from the cards in his or her deck wins the game.
Key Selling Points
• Play as Shazam, Hawkman, Red Tornado, Nightwing, Black Canary, Batgirl, or Booster Gold.
• Each Super Hero has a unique special ability that will open up different strategies to the player. Follow that strategy or break away with a plan of your own.
• Card combos, strategy, and fun abound in this game where every card is a well-known, fan-favorite card with amazing art.
• This is a standalone game, but also an expansion to the hit DC Deck-building Game released in late 2012. Mix the two sets together for the ultimate showdown!
• Easy to learn, entertaining and engaging gameplay.
• Online and print media advertising on consumer and retail trade sites including boardgamegeek.com and ICV2.com.
• Game reviews and press coverage across major hobby, comic, and gaming media outlets to support game launch.
• Heavily promoted at consumer event shows throughout the year, including Gen Con and PAX Prime.
• Review copies sent to online media ranging from enthusiast outlets (hobby gaming, comic and general pop culture) to mainstream outlets (USA Today, Wired) for expanded consumer exposure and to generate buzz.
• Launch expanded product page and skin site on Cryptozoic.com. Online media presence on the Cryptozoic Entertainment Facebook page to announce game, run special promotions, and introduce new cards and artwork on a continued basis up until launch.
• Cross-promotions with DC Comics via giveaways, contents, and announcements on the DC Comics website and Facebook page and at conventions/special events.
• Exclusive gameplay promo cards that will be distributed via events and special consumer and retail promotions.
• Special Hobby store promotional programs, game demonstrations and tournament kits distributed for acquisition of new players and retention of DC Comics Deck-Building Game existing players.